Gastroenterology is a field of medicine that examines the digestive functions of the body in depth. It requires several years of study, long past traditional general practice, and expertise that’s only acquired through hands-on training.The gastroenterologist can help to manage, treat and/or cure a multitude of ills including the following:
- Constipation or Incontinence: Not being able to go, or going without consent can be painful and embarrassing to live with. A gastroenterologist can help.
- Esophageal, Pancreatic or Colon Cancer: Early to advanced detection can be made with gastroenterology procedures.
- Hepatitis: The liver belongs to the digestive system, and conditions are treated in the sub-branch of hepatology.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The specialist can help with treatment and monitoring to reduce the symptoms.
- Acid Reflux, Swallowing Issues or Excessive Gas: Specific medicines can be given, in addition to dietary recommendations for the patient.
Bottom line, gastroenterology has to do with the digestive organs, including the colon, intestines, liver, esophagus, gallbladder, liver and stomach.We service customers from Agoura Hills for gastroenterology at 2220 Lynn Rd #202 Thousand Oaks, CA 91360. Consultations can be arranged by scheduling an appointment. Call us at 805-371-8400.